Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And I Didn't Even Know She Was Running For a Federal Office!

This is a mailer that was just sent out by the Jeanne Richardson campaign. If you're looking at the headline and having one of those Jon Stewart "Whuuuuuuuuu?" moments, I assure you--- You're not the only one.

For while I don't think you could find many Democrats that would disagree with the notion that Bush's War is Horrible (Perhaps Harold Ford Jr, but it depends what day of the week you ask him), you're left with one problem at the end of the day---

Tennessee's House of Representatives has about as much pull regarding Iraq as Paris Hilton would in a school for the gifted.

The second part of the mailer makes a decent, if somewhat convoluted case for using the state's budget surplus to help pick up the shortfall created by funding cuts Bush made to federal (Note that word) programs such as Head Start. And I certainly don't think that is an unreasonable thing to want.

But this mailer is insulting to the intelligence of District 89's voters. Jeanne Richardson is not running against George W. Bush, nor is she running for any office that has any influence on whether or not the war is funded. If she's elected, she'll wield just as much influence over the course of the war as she has today.

She's not running against George W. Bush. She's running against Kevin Gallagher, who opposes the war just as much as she does.

Of course, he's not trying to run a campaign against George W. Bush.

13 comments:

LeftWingCracker said...

Special edition May 31? Does this mean Upton is giving up on Early Voting for Jeanne? I'd talk to him about that if I were her.

But, I'm not, of course....

Freedonian said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one wondering that...

Anonymous said...

Dang, I thought you were smart, or was this penned by Thaddeus Matthews?

You might want to invoke that spell checker thingy in the future.
Oh yeah, and by the by, Jeanne Richardson may not be your choice, but she'll soon by your repRAHsentative!

Freedonian said...

Um, dumbass, there's nothing misspelled here.

Freedonian said...

By the way, I know who you are, jackass. Why don't you have the balls to stand up and sign your drivel?

Anonymous said...

"Convaluted" is mispelled. Should be convoluted. Just a friendly correction post for all who want to improve spelling skills.

autoegocrat said...

Whoa there, horsie. You missed something.

"she'll soon by your repRAHsentative!"

Let's zoom in a little closer.

"soon by your"

Closer...

"by"

There.

Freedonian said...

Thanks for the tip. You know, "anon", you should take your spellchecking and grammar skills to the Richardson camp. Page 2 of the mailer starts off with "Since the Iraqi War begun..."

Last time you anonymously decided to check out my grammar, you tried pointing out things that weren't there. Hardly a surprise. I don't think anyone would be surprised by you hallucinating.

Edward Frick said...

My list of things I find annoying grows daily. Currently, and in descending order, they are:

1. Anonymous blog posts
2. Gross grammatical and spelling errors contained in said anonymous blog posts
3. Telephone conversations with my mother
4. Telephone conversations with my sister, regarding my mother.
5. Telephone conversations with my niece, regarding my sister and my mother
6. Telephone conversations with my nephew, regarding my sister, my niece, and my mother.
7. Appointments with my psychiatrist (concerning numbers three through six above).

Thankfully, having granulated Magna Cum Lousy I would never commit the transgressions delineated above in number two.

Oh, almost 11AM...time for my morning meds!

vibinc said...

Oh woe is me, I missed out on another attempt by some anonymous douchebag with too much time on their hands to critique the grammar of one, while committing a grammatical offense at the same time. The irony truly kills me.

Perhaps in the future our anonymous commenter can better ply his/her time beating his/her head with a brick. That’s merely a suggestion, not a recommendation.

Ian said...

A senior in high school could design a better mailer than that. It is way too busy and slightly off topic. And everyone is right, what the hell does GWB have to do with a state house race in TN.

I would advise Ms. Richardson to keep it simple, like a mailer stating her qualifications, not one with some vague statment about how she cares about "people."

What was being smoked when someone said "ooooh, that's a great design for a mailer, lets use stupid platitudes. We should definitely connect the liberty bowl and the war, cause if the liberty bowl gets destroyed the terrorists win"

freaking amateurs

LeftWingCracker said...

Actually, as a Gallagher supporter, I would hope that MORE mailers like that would be sent out; a Gallagher landslide might result....

Freedonian said...

Ed,
That has to be one of my favorite comments of all time!!!

Vibinc,
Having talked to the fellow on a few occasions, I'm reasonably sure he already has devoted many hours to beating himself over the head with a brick.

Ian,
Absolutely true. Even if the whole "I'll be a state representative willing to stand up to the president" bit was well thought out, the mailer is a mess.

BroCracker,
It could happen. There is a pronounced lack of mojo involved in JR's campaign.